Rockshore may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name, address and payment details
- Contact information including telephone and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
To process your order and obtain payment
Internal record keeping
Registering an account on our website
To assist in any order enquiries, complaints, website issues
We may use your information to request product and service reviews
We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided but only if you have given us explicit consent to do so
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
In order to be able to provide our services to you, we share your data with the following types of companies:
- Third party companies who enable us to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouse staff and delivery/postal companies in the general course of taking payment, managing and processing your order.
- Manufacturers or distributors who are responsible for delivering their products directly to you.
- Professional service providers, such as IT providers, marketing agencies, advertising partners, review sites and website hosts who help us run our website and business and deliver our marketing and advertising to you.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies and payment card providers. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties may keep a record of the information provided.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), and Amazon, PayPal where you choose to use their payment services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
DATA AGGREGATION, ANALYTICS AND PROFILE CREATION
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act
1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We recommend you read our full Terms & Conditions.