Welcome Guest - Click Here to login
0330 6061446
Items 0 Total £0.00
Need UK Next Day Delivery- Call Us!
  • Climair Wind Deflectors at Rockshore
Winter Motoring at Rockshore
Gift Ideas at Rockshore
See what our customers say about us

Number Plates - Accepted Documents

As advised in our Number Plate listings and in our Terms and Conditions, your number plates will be made up as soon as we see the necessary documentation in order to comply with the DVLA regulations and the law. It is simply against the law for any company or person to supply number plates without first seeing the required documentation first.  This documentation are known as "proof of identity" for the person placing the order (not necessarily the same name which appears on the V5 log book), and "proof of entitlement" to the vehicle or registration mark.  Whilst we appreciate the inconvenience of having to produce these documents, we can assure you that if these documents are provided quickly then there will be no undue delays and you can be confident in the knowledge that the plate(s) have been produced completely road legal.  Full details of which documents are acceptable can be found below.  One document from each section will be required.  If you have any queries, please contact us.

Please provide one document from Section A and one document from Section B.

Section A

Proof of Identity - Name & Address of Person Placing Order (not necessarily the owner of the vehicle)
  • Valid Driving License - Front page of Counterpart only please
  • Valid Passport (UK or other)
  • Valid National Identity Card (UK or other)
  • A utility or council tax bill
  • Debit or Credit card issued by a Bank or Building Society
  • Armed Forces Identity Card
  • Police Warrant Card
Section B

Proof of Entitlement to the Vehicle or Registration Mark:

  • V5C (log book) -  Front cover/page only please
  • V5C/2 (tear off New Keeper's slip from V5C log book)
  • V750 (certificate of entitlement to a mark)
  • V778 (cherished transfer retention document)
  • V11 (vehicle licence renewal form
  • V379 (vehicle registration certificate)
  • V948 or eV948 (authorisation certificate)
  • Letter of authorisation (must quote document reference number from V5 log book) from lease company or fleet operator