- Product Description
Complete bicycle maintenance
By: James Witts
- Haynes Bike Book (7th Edition) - The complete bicycle maintenance manual
- Now in its 23rd year of publication, The Bike Book continues to be a bestseller. Compiled by a new author, this seventh edition is a major update to include all new developments in the cycling world along with a thorough check and revision of all existing material.
- New photography together with a refreshed page design offer the reader a user-friendly and contemporary manual – but still with the clear step-by-step approach for which Haynes is famous
- Choosing a bike: different types of bike, correct sizing and setting up.
- Routine maintenance and repair: lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, repairing punctures, tyre care, chains, cables and brake pads.
- Braking systems: rim and disc brakes.
- Drive train: chains, cables, derailleurs, sprockets and cassettes, chainsets, bottom brackets, hub gears, gear shifters.
- Contact points: saddles, seat posts, bars and stems, pedals, toe clips, straps and clipless pedals.
- Wheels: adjustable-cone hubs, sealed-bearing hubs, spoke replacement and truing.
- Frames, forks, steering and suspension: frame materials and design, suspension fork strip and set-up, headset strip, adjustment and replacement, full-suspension bearing replacement.
- Safety, security and accessories: mudguards, racks, panniers, computers, bells, seatpost bags.
- Appendix: gear ratios, torque settings, chain types, tyre and rim combinations, Shimano, Sram and Campagnolo compatability, fault-finding.
- Now in its 17th year of publication, The Bike Book continues to be a bestseller. Compiled by a new author, this sixth edition is a major update to include all new developments in the cycling world along with a thorough check and revision of all existing material
- Hardback, 270 x 210mm, 216 pages
Author: James Witts is a sports journalist who edited the UK's biggest and best-selling multisport magazine, 220 Triathlon, transforming it from a loss-making publication into one of Immediate Media's most profitable titles.
- Book No: H6134
- ISBN: 9781785211348