- Product Description
The step-by-step guide to making perfect pies
By: Andrew Webb
- Haynes Men's Pie Manual
- What chap doesn't love a good pie? But if you thought it was too hard to make your own at home, think again.
- The Men's Pie Manual tells you everything you need to know about making and baking proper pies. Covering tools and equipment, perfect pastry, and fantastic fillings, it will have you wowing your friends and family.
- Because when you bring a big golden pie to the table and gently break into that flakey pastry, or pop a steamed pudding and let the filling slowly tumble out, anyone who isn't impressed by that isn't worthy space at your table; fetch their coat.
- Equipment - all the kit you'll need, from spring form tins to rolling pins, as well as how to take care of your knife.
- Pastry - Shortcrust to rough puff. How to make the golden casing for you pies
- Stocks and sauces - Can you make a cup of tea? Yes? Then you can make stock. It's that easy, and a key component in pies.
- Recipes - Fancy tucking in to a huge steak and ale pie, or maybe showing off your homemade Melton Mowbray pork pie to the lads
- What about a classic apple or cherry pie
- Finally, even things that are almost pies such as sausage rolls, pasties, and beef Wellingtons are covered.
- Hardback, 270 x 210mm, 192 pages, full colour throughout
- Book No: H5287
- ISBN: 9780857332875