- Product Description
- More Information
The practical guide to the night sky
By: Jane A Green
Foreword: Dr Brian May, Introduction Sir Patrick Moore
- Haynes Astronomy Manual
- This innovative Haynes Manual presents in-depth information about all the practical aspects of astronomy
- Written with style and enthusiasm by a dedicated amateur and extensively illustrated, this book applies the Haynes approach to a popular and inspirational hobby that requires plenty of practical information and understanding
- The book is honoured with a foreword by amateur astronomer Dr Brian May of rock group Queen, and Patrick Moore provides an introduction
- Whether novice or keen amateur, everyone with an interest in astronomy will be fascinated by this Haynes Manual. 'written not just with instruction and care, but with love.' Astronomy Now'highly recommended' BBC Sky at Night Magazine
- Paperback, 270 x 210mm, 208 pages
- Book No: H5820
- ISBN: 9780857338501
'this is highly recommended reading' BBC Sky At Night
- The Haynes Astronomy Manual is the perfect book for all of us who are fascinated by the night sky, have an appetite to learn and to see more. Starting with a brief history of astronomy, the Astronomy Manual explores the Sun and the Solar System, the observable Universe and returns to its cosmological origins.
- An extensive section on amateur viewing offers practical advice for those starting out in astronomy, including viewing with the naked eye, binoculars, amateur telescope, camera and webcam, and provides a comprehensive guide to choosing the right equipment both for viewing and for photographing the night sky.Astronomy Manual
- The Astronomy Manual has extensive sections on amateur equipment, from Galileo's simple optics to the latest hi-tech, motorised, catadioptric telescopes.
- Further chapters on professional viewing and astrophotography are followed by appendices giving lists of useful resources, simple star maps and a full glossary.
- With stunning photographs and full-colour illustrations throughout, the Haynes Astronomy Manual is the essential guide for anyone with an interest in amateur astronomy.
‘Whether you are a complete novice or an experienced astronomer, you will benefit from reading and owning Jane Green’s book. It deserves an honoured place in every scientific library.’ – from the Introduction by Sir Patrick Moore
‘I have had the luxury of seeing Jane Green’s project in its development, and can bear witness to the passion and care that she has put into it, which leap from every page.’ – from the Foreword by Dr Brian May